Welcome to Feasterville Fire Company. The fire company originally started as the Feasterville Emergency Corporation first organized at a chapel on January 16, 1942. The first committee was appointed and assigned the task of notifying residents to clean up fire hazards and to collect information concerning fire equipment.
In 1942 members placed into service 36 buckets and 20 cabinets containing 1 pound bags of baking soda. In 1943 the fire company passed its first by-laws, women’s auxiliary was started, a siren was placed in service at Street Road and Bustleton Pike and most importantly the organization was chartered under the new name of Feasterville Fire Company. On February 10, 1944 Feasterville Fire Company officially became the 50th chartered fire company in Bucks County. 1944 would be a very busy year for the fire company. The company joined the Bucks County Fireman’s Association, the decision to build the first fire house and the purchase of a 1 1/2 ton Dodge fire engine with a 250 gallon tank and 500 ft. of 2 1/2 in. hose.
In June 1947 the company purchased an International 1600 gallon tanker which happened to take 1st place in the Quakertown parade winning $35 for newest truck in line. In June 1950 a Ward LaFrance 750 GPM pumper was delivered. In August of 1955 the company responded to its first disaster, a major flood. The company and fire house were used as a clothing center.
In June 1964 the company purchased its first ladder an American LaFrance 85 ft. quint aerial ladder truck. In September 1971 the company completed construction of its new fire hall which is still used to this day. In June 1972 the company responded to cries for help as far away as Kingston and Wilkes Barre from Tropical Storm Agnes, crews assisted with storm clean-ups and basement pump-outs. In July 1975 the company responded to Trenton, New Jersey to assist after a major flood. The late 1970s brought new apparatus as well, with a tac unit (mini-pumper) made by International and a new Mack 1250 GPM triple combination pumper both placed in service in September 1977.
In 1979 Lower Southampton Board of Supervisors issued a Unit Citation to Feasterville Fire Company for their response for outstanding service as a result of the major flooding. In order to comply with the county dispatch protocol the fire company started using the box card system to provide dispatchers with a predetermined response area for emergencies. In 1983 the fire company was dispatched to 436 W. Street Road for a building fire at Venerable Catherine Emmerick Shrine. When crews arrived on scene they discovered 15 cases of unstable 15 year old dynamite weighing in at over 1000 lbs and over a dozen pipe-bombs. There were evacuations in both Lower Southampton and Upper Southampton Townships. The fire company was in service for 24 hours and 40 minutes along with other mutual aide, local, county, state and federal authorities.
In 1991 the fire company purchased a Pierce Arrow 1750 GPM pumper which was the first closed cab apparatus purchased by the fire company. This truck was taken out of service in 2007 being replaced with the new engine 1-2 a 2007 Pierce Dash. The 1991 Pierce Arrow was sold in 2008 to Yosemite National Park which replaced the Ward La France which appeared in the hit TV show Emergency. In March 1993 building renovations began on the firehouse on Irving Place, relocating the fire house to the parking lot of the KMart on Street Road. In 1996 the fire company purchased a new chief’s vehicle; a Ford Explorer, which is still used today as Utility 1. In 1997 the fire company purchased another ladder; a 1997 Pierce Arrow 105 ft. ladder truck.
In 2002 the fire company purchased its first pumper equipped with a Compressed Air Foam System; when they purchased Engine 1, a 2002 Pierce Dash. In 2007 the fire company started its Quick Response Service (medical calls) program, in its first year the company ran 16 calls. In 2008 the fire company participated in the Bucks County Redevelopment Authority Casino Grant and was awarded a 2008 Ford Explorer deputy chief’s vehicle. In 2009 the fire company was offered 2 free laptops from the Southeastern Pennsylvania Counter Terrorism Task Force. 2010 was an extremely busy year for the QRS program, members responded to 103 emergency medical service calls. In 2011 the company purchased a brand new state of the art 105 foot Pierce Velocity aerial outfitted with all the latest and greatest in vehicle and firefighter safety in mind. Also placed in service the same year were 3 laptop mobile data terminals (MDTs) in both of the engines and ladder. 2011 is another mile-mark for the Fire Company, responding to 490 calls for assistance. This would be the busiest year for calls in the history of the fire company. Crews were in service for 48 hours when Hurricane Irene and Tropical Storm Lee struck the Eastern Seaboard in August of 2011. Crews responded to over 40 calls ranging from fire alarms, water resuces and cardiac arrests. Today the company does approximately 460 fire calls and 40 medical calls staffed by 60 volunteer firefighters, administrative, auxiliary and fire police members.